Our bedroom after ripping up carpet
Our bedroom after the flooring was in
Living room after flooring was in. This one was awful after the carpet
came up. It looked like they had a wood-burning stove in one
corner, and a perfect 2'x2' square of cement remained. Not fun to scrape
up! Plus, all of the tack strips were rotting or rusting.
This is the spare room (also known as the "dog room") after it was done. This room
already had the carpet removed, since the dogs started ripping it up one day.
The "library" and guest room halfway through. To clear up confusion, we only
went horizontally to the other wall so that we could make sure everything was even.
We did not pound in each plank! This was also the only room where we were injured.
A couple of bruises and blood blisters later it was done!
The next project is to make all of our baseboards and door moldings match. Along with those,
we wanted the doors to match, and I decided to paint my crappy shelves all white. An off white, but still white.
Much better than fake wood black, yes? Before I painted these, this room always seemed dark
even with the light on. Now, it seems so much brighter. Crazy what 3 coats of primer does, huh?
On that note, I used Zinsser Primecoat2 primer, and had them tint it to Behr's "Swiss Coffee." When purchasing this, the salesperson tried to tell me I would not be able to clean it if I didn't also paint a top coat. Well guess what? Both a damp cloth and Pledge did just fine, no paint residue came off on the cloth. In other words, I am not paying more money for a top coat. I am letting this cure for a couple weeks before restocking these shelves. I can't even count how many times I have gotten books stuck to paint even after waiting a few days. Not okay, I love my books!
I now have 6 of 12 doors done, plus all 3 of my shelves painted. Thank God for Spring "Break" so I could get some home improvement taken care of.







No comments:
Post a Comment