So, I'm a Pinterest-aholic. I admit it (that is the first step, right?). I've seen several pins on there saying that new food can be grown from used or sprouting food. Yeah, I know, food is always grown from food, such is the never ending (hopefully) circle of life. Until the other day, I never really thought to do it though. That is, until Jason pointed out that our garlic was sprouting. Beautifully delicate green tendrils were emerging from the clove (ahh...there is the English teacher speaking, no?). I ventured out into the garage, with Jason's comment of, "don't get lost!" in the background. Holding two coffee mugs full of potting soil, I triumphantly returned. The sprouting cloves were then nestled into the awaiting soil, and a stream of water dribbled into the cups only to be slurped up by the soil. Plastic wrap graced the top of the cups which were then placed into the sunniest window of our home. And now we wait! Updates to come, naturally.
**Update 6/3/13** So, I have no idea what went wrong, but the garlic did not grow. I dumped out the small pots recently, and there was no sign of it! How odd...
No comments:
Post a Comment