What?! A snow day?! Unheard of! Although, I think our amount of snow warrants such a day. I have decided to use this day to catch up on this little blog. We finally finished our house, well, as far as what we had been working on. Floors are done, trim has been cut, painted, and installed, and things are put back together. It just gives me a big sense of accomplishment and relaxation now that it is DONE. I still need to pull out the living room paint color and touch up some spots, but that should be quick and easy, in fact, I should do that today! Now that everything is done, it is amazing how nice our house looks. Before, we had mismatched trim (style AND color-browns, whites, you name it) and dirty carpet in all rooms. Now, we have laminate flooring throughout the living room and bedrooms and completely matching trim everywhere but the kitchen. Hopefully that is next!
Over Easter weekend, we were able to go home to celebrate my and our niece's birthdays. My mom planned mine and I had no idea what she was planning. We came home to a Captain Jack Sparrow cut out standing in their kitchen and a treasure chest cake! So much fun. The whole dining room was decorated in a piratical style, just wonderful! Our niece turned 2 three days after my birthday. She is growing so much, and as we left their house, Jason and I both wished we were closer.
The last two weekends we went fishing. On the first weekend, we each caught 2 trout. Dinner that night was done in packets (my favorite!). I cut up a 2 potatoes, layered them on a sheet of greased tin foil, laid the trout fillets on top, and seasoned them with seasoning salt and lemon pepper. Before folding the packet, I put in a nice chunk of butter (I love butter, Paula Deen is soooo my girl!), then threw them on the grill. It was pretty fabulous, not to brag or anything, but trout has a bad reputation for being fishy, and there was no trace of it. Yup, I'm pretty awesome in the kitchen.
Jason has been keeping his eye on spring bear hunting, but with all of the snow we have been getting, the bears are not very active. A friend of his said we will be good to go when the flowers come out. We both responded that the snow needs to go away for that to happen! So, here we are, just waiting on those darn flowers!




No comments:
Post a Comment