Friday, July 13, 2012

Ruger LC9

Thought I would give some insight and a short review of my new Ruger LC9. In all honesty, I was very unsure of whether I would like it. The last 9mm I shot, I wasn't thrilled with, but it was one of my friend's that I was shooting while we went to the range. Not sure of what kind it was, definitely was a while ago!

Turns out, I am BEYOND thrilled with my LC9, I do wish I had jumped on it when they were putting out pink ones, though. The one thing I had trouble with was the long trigger pull. I had been shooting my husband's Springfield .45, and the recoil from that was what I had on my brain. With the long trigger pull, I was anticipating the recoil way too soon, and was shooting WAY too low. I never claimed to be an expert with these things, but once I get the hang of a weapon, WATCH OUT! Once
 I figured out when to really start aiming, (you can watch the hammer as it is being pulled back), my shots were right on. Thank God! I was thinking, "I just bought this gun, and can't even shoot it!"
Smaller holes are from the 9mm, larger from the .45. The ones around the edges are mine, after Jason dominated the middle of the target! Speaking of the target (I have no idea where he learned it from), these are made by using a piece of posterboard, covered with plastic wrap, then spray painted black. They work really well as long distance targets because of the color difference and are WAY  cheaper than buying targets all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment