Woohoo! First post for this blog. Right here is my first "fun" blog, every other one I have ever done was for a class during college. Bout darn time I jumped on this wagon, I suppose. Although I want to make this a fun thing to keep me occupied, I have an alterior motive for starting this. I know, I am not just doing this so that every little thing I have in my head goes all over the internet...crazy, huh? Anywho, the reason I decided to start this is because Just for Does is looking for a prostaffer from each state in our wonderful country! I'm a pretty humble human being, and probably wouldn't have tried, except my husband thinks I have a chance. We shall see! I would really like this blog to evolve from being just about hunting to having a little bit of everything about me on it somewhere. Hopefully that works out for me!
As big news in my first post, I would like to announce that I finally have a good chance at a big bull elk! Heck yes! In the past, I haven't been drawn, or just didn't enter drawings for the really cool hunts, and usually just went out for deer with my dad. Thankfully, Jason (the husband) is super ambitious; one only has to look at the bighorn sheep head on our wall to figure that one out! I'm still super jealous about that hunt. He shot it without me being there! How dare he...
This year, however, I am pleased to say that I will be hunting in Wyoming's 100 elk area. We went over there last weekend and saw a herd of 8 bulls. Right now they are still in velvet and have a ways to grow, really hoping the dry weather here won't stunt the growth too much. We shall see. It was a great trip over there, though. We saw 50 (ish) wild horses, which I had never seen, we saw a ton of odd antelope (non-typical), dried up reservoirs (we found fishing information on them too, how odd!), and I shot my FIRST prairie dog using a .22 pistol! A big trip of firsts for us.
I think that about sums it up for me right now, but will continue posting on the progress of this hunt, and maybe start adding pages for other parts of life!
Great job on site Anne! Easy to read, fun background, good info and great pics. Look forward to following you :) Devonn
ReplyDeleteOh thank you Devonn! Glad to know I have a follower haha!
Delete