So since I last blogged, we went scouting. Yes, I've neglected this quite a bit, I know. We stayed in a campground (with bathrooms!! Yay! I may be an outdoorsy girl, but I still rejoice when there are bathrooms.) outside of Lander, WY. It's called Sweetwater Campground and about the only thing I could find online about it were the coordinates! And no, I'm not sharing them yet. But here are some pictures from our adventure.
There are elk in this one, mostly cows, some small bulls. This was right off the highway!
No elk here, but it feels odd being from MT where we hunted elk in the mountains and now I'm hunting in this?!
Again, no elk, just such odd terrain for me!
Oh! Look! A herd of all bulls! No monsters, but I've never shot one and we need to fill the freezer, so I'll be happy with almost anything! Unless Jason's is bigger. Then, I will not be so happy.
Same elk off the highway, but on the next day. Good to know!
Literally 8 miles back on the opposite side of that same highway. Definite change in terrain, here.
Jason says there is a face that looks like the Easter Island rocks. Do you see it too?
The scouting trip was in the beginning of September, and we haven't been back since. Hopefully we can get back again before the season starts. Speaking of Wyoming oddities (at least in comparison to Montana), our elk season for this particular tag is from October 15-October 31. This leaves only two weekends that we will be able to go out! Since our wedding this summer, Jason has very few vacation days left, and we need to be in Montana again for Christmas...which leaves nothing for hunting. Yuck! Next year, hopefully we can budget it better.







No comments:
Post a Comment