Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fieldline Glenwood Canyon Pack

Since we first knew we drew this tag, I have been researching packs for women. Not day packs that won't be any use packing out meat, I mean a real hunting pack. I knew there was no way Jason and I would be able to drag a full grown elk very far on our own. A 4-wheeler would be wonderful, and we technically have one, but it is in Montana in his parents' garage! Lots of good there! So, instead of buying a trailer, spending money on a trip up there, and bringing it down, Jason started watching videos on how to quarter an elk. Yes, we are super old-fashioned like that. Once he let me know this plan, I started thinking; there was no way I could carry much, but I am determined not to be useless and let him do all of the work.

Well, I sure wasn't going to carry a quarter of an elk in my arms, on my hip, or something silly like that, so I started looking for a pack that would work. You know what I found? A whole lot of nothing. I didn't want a huge pack like Jason's Badlands pack, I tried it on and it hung down to my knees! Talk about awkward. My research was yielding no results. Blogs and forums said, "well, I got this for my wife, but it's still awkward for her." Yeah, not going to happen. I also didn't want to spend a ton of money on this. I mean, really? It's a pack. I have to admit, I really wanted a girly one, ya know, with some pink on it or something (seems like all of those were just too close to a normal backpack, not something for meat retrieval). Still no luck.

While we were walking through Sportsmans the other day, I stopped to look at the packs. Guess what had been waiting for me there all along. This great little pack from Fieldline. I have no idea about it's "true" quality or how much it is going to stand up to, but for $60, it will be just fine. Go check it out on their website, if this is what you need, and I'll put up some pictures too. As a reference, I am 5'7" and 130lbs. Not a big girl, but not super tiny. I LOVE this pack, and will be sure to let you know how it works for me this year!


Comfortable positioning for the straps!
 
Does not go down to my knees!


No comments:

Post a Comment